How To Install Armitage on Kali Linux
As an avid BackTrack Linux distribution user, I recently started to use the newly released Kali Linux distribution. Kali Linux is the new generation of the industry-leading BackTrack Linux penetration testing and security auditing Linux distribution. Some of the tools I normally use as a practitioner, researcher, educator or hobbyist are OpenVAS vulnerability scanning tool, Metasploit penetration testing software and Autopsy the forensics toolkit to just name a few of the available products.
I noticed almost immediately, Armitage a GUI front-end for the Metasploit Framework developed by Raphael Mudge was not preinstalled like in the BackTrack version.
So here is what I did to install it on my Kali Linux install:
- Open up a terminal window
- Issue command cd /etc/apt/
- Issue command vi sources.list
- Add the following lines to the list:
- deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
- deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
- Save the file
- Open another terminal window and issue the following commands
- apt-get update
- apt-get install armitage
- service postgresql start
- service metasploit start
- Program is located in /usr/bin/armitage
Good luck and please comment if you had success in the process.