Black Hat Uplink USA
Attend the most the important security event of the year
– from your desktop!
Two Days Left to Register: Get 50% Off (Save $200).
Have you had a chance to experience Black Hat in person?
Are you curious to see what a “live” Black Hat event has
This year thousands of security professionals from around
the world are making plans to be a part of Black Hat USA 2010.
But not all of those people will actually be in Las Vegas.
With Black Hat Uplink, you can experience essential content
that shapes the security industry for the coming year.
Register now for Black Hat Uplink with Promo Code BH80UL
to activate your discount (limited number of seats available).
See complete program schedule below.
Black Hat USA 2010, the premier technical event for the security
industry to gather and address challenges to today’s senior-level
IT professional, will be held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada,
July 24-29, 2010.
Black Hat USA 2010 >>
Now for $195, you can get a taste of Black Hat USA from your
desk – this year’s live event will be streamed directly to the
comfort of your own machine with Black Hat Uplink:
* Access to two select tracks on each day of the Briefings
and the keynote – a total of 20+ possible sessions to view.
* Post-conference access to Uplink content; go back and review
the presentations that you missed or watch the presentations
that interested you the most as many times as you want.
* Interact with fellow con-goers, Uplink attendees, and the
security community at large via Twitter during the Briefings.
* Get show promotional pricing for the “Source of Knowledge”
DVDs should you wish to purchase recordings of ALL the recordings
from Black Hat USA and/or DEF CON 18.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 28
Keynote Intro: Jeff Moss
Keynote: Jane Holl Lute, Deputy Secretary, Department of Homeland Security
* ExploitSpotting: Locating Vulnerabilities Out Of Vendor
Patches Automatically by Jeongwook Oh
– This talk will feature 2 undisclosed 1-day exploits.
* Bitblaze: Crash Analysis using BitBlaze by Charlie Miller
* Jackpotting Automated Teller Machines Redux by Barnaby Jack
– Live jackpotting of an ATM machine onstage.
* Blue Screen Of the Death is Dead by Matthieu Suiche
* Semiconductor Security by Christopher Tarnovsky
* Base Jumping: Attacking GSM Base Station Systems and Mobile
Phone Base Bands by Grugq
* More Bugs in More Places: Secure Development on Mobile
Platforms by David Kane-Parry
* These Aren’t the Permissions You’re Looking For by Anthony Lineberry,
Timothy Wyatt, David Richardson
* Everybody Be Cool This is a Roppery! by Vincenzo Iozzo,
Ralf-Philipp Weinmann, Tim Kornau
* App Attack: Surviving the Mobile Application Explosion by
Kevin Mahaffey, John Hering
– Analysis of over 200,000 apps from Apple & Android marketplaces
THURSDAY, JULY 29
Keynote Intro: Jeff Moss
Keynote: “Cyber War… Are We At War? And If We Are,
How Should We Fight It?” General (Ret.) Michael V. Hayden,
former Director, National Security Agency and Central
* Memory Corruption Attacks: The (almost) Complete History…
by Haroon Meer
* There’s a party at Ring0 (and you’re invited) by Julien Tinnes,
– One year of research uncovering close to 20 kernal vulnerabilities
* Return-Oriented Exploitation by Dino Dai Zovi
* Understanding the Low-Fragmentation Heap: From Allocation to
Exploitation by Chris Valasek
* Advanced AIX Heap Exploitation Methods by Tim Shelton
* CLOUDINOMICON: Idempotent Infrastructure, Survivable Systems
& Bringing Sexy Back to Information Centricity by Christofer Hoff
* Secure Use of Cloud Storage by Grant Bugher
* Virtually Pwned: Pentesting Virtualization by Claudio Criscione
* Virt-ICE: Next Generation Debugger for Malware Analysis by
Quynh Nguyen Anh
* dirtbox: a Highly Scalable x86/Windows Emulator by Georg Wicherski
*Schedule subject to change.
Register now with Promo Code BH80UL to activate your discount
(limited number of seats available). Presentations will be
streamed live on July 28-29, but you will be able to view
Uplink presentations for up to 90 days after the event.
Registration Fee: $195.
Register today for a chance to win an iPad! Two Black Hat
Uplink registrants will win an iPad preloaded with the
entire recorded live-event content from Black Hat USA 2010.
Black Hat Community:
* Mailing List
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?Subject=Join Black Hat Mailing List
Black Hat Events:
*** Black Hat USA 2010 ***
Las Vegas, NV
*** Black Hat Abu Dhabi 2010 ***
Abu Dhabi, UAE
(C) UBM TechWeb 2010. All Rights Reserved. Black Hat
c/o TechWeb, 600 Harrison St., 6th Floor, San Francisco,
CA 94107. TechWeb, Black Hat, and associated design
marks and logos are trademarks owned or used under
license by United Business Media LLC, and may be
registered in the United States and other countries.
Other names mentioned may be the trademark or service
mark of their respective owners.