Thinking about taking your laptop on the road? It is a great way to work and stay in touch when you are our and about. However you need to take some steps to keep your laptop safe and in your possession.
- Treat your laptop like cash
- Get it out of the car, don’t ever leave your laptop behind
- Keep it locked, use a security cable
- Keep it off the floor, or at least between your feet.
- Keep passwords somewhere else, not near the laptop or case
- Don’t leave it “for just a sec” no matter where you are
- Pay attention in airports, especially at the security check
- If you have an alarm, turn it on