The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) invites privacy scholars and authors with an interest in privacy issues to submit papers to be considered for FPF’s second edition of “Privacy Papers for Policy Makers.”
• To highlight important research and analytical work on a variety of privacy topics for policy makers
• Specifically, to showcase papers that analyze current and emerging privacy issues and either propose achievable short-term solutions, or propose new means of analysis that could lead to solutions.
• Academics, privacy advocates and Chief Privacy Officers on FPF’s Advisory Board will review the submitted papers to determine which papers are best suited and most useful for policy makers in Congress, at federal agencies and for distribution to data protection authorities internationally.
• Two papers selected by the chairs of the Privacy Law Scholars Conference will be included in the publication and will receive a cash award from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
• The Future of Privacy Forum will announce the selected papers at an event with privacy leaders in September and will provide a printed digest to policy makers in the United States and abroad.
Paper Submission Deadline: July 29, 2011
Please include: author’s full name, phone number, current postal address and e-mail address.
Send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Privacy Papers for Policy Makers 2011,” or send by mail to:
Future of Privacy Forum
919 18th Street, NW, Suite 925
Washington, D.C. 20006
The entry can provide a link to a published paper or a draft paper that has a publication date. FPF will work with the authors of the selected papers to develop a digest.
Visit www.futureofprivacy.org/the-privacy-papers to view the 2010 edition of Privacy Papers for Policy Makers.